Help Protect Your Florida Home With ADT Monitored Security
For about $1/day*
*with $99 installation charge and new monitoring agreement. Early termination fee applies. See below for full details.
Trust Your Home Security to ADT Monitoring in Florida
To help keep your home monitored around-the-clock, ADT has 6 interconnected customer monitoring centers. Because these centers are interconnected, you will never lose monitoring service. Your home is always better off with the help of ADT.
2. FBI Uniform Crime Reports, 2011
3. Simon Hakim, Temple University, quoted by Elizabeth Chang, An Alarming Trend, The Washington Post, Nov 14, 1999
4. U.S. Department of Justice, 1999
*Numbers based on averages, may not be accurate.
College-Bound Freshmen: See Which Colleges are the Safest in Your State
When it comes to places to move to for college, Florida makes a winning case: the state has year-round sunshine, large universities, and safe college campuses to boot.
Between Hillsborough Community College, the University of Tampa, and the University of Miami, incoming freshmen have many safe college campus options to choose from.
Read on to see the top ten safest colleges in Florida. While you’re at it, see how they stack up to the safest colleges in the country.
- The University of North Florida didn’t experience a single hate or VAWA crime in 2019. Indian River State College, Barry University, and Hillsborough Community College all tout impressively low 2019 hate and VAWA crime rates as well.
- Hillsborough Community College is the safest college in Florida—part of the reason it passes with flying colors is because it checks all the right boxes. For instance, the college offers escorts to students that feel unsafe and issues the HawkAlert for each one of its students, faculty, and staff. The alert sends text messages and emails to all parties.
- The University of North Florida has remarkable safety scores and offers a victim advocate line which operates twenty-four hours a day.
- The University of Tampa offers a safety escort service seven days a week, with safety rides until 2 A.M., which could account for the school’s low VAWA rate per 1,000 people (0.05). Barry University and the University of Miami also offer the same safety escort service—the University of Miami offers rides as late as 4 A.M.
Which Florida Cities Have the Lowest Car Theft Rates?
What's the 411 on Car Theft?
Car theft has trended downward in the past ten years—especially in these cities—thanks to city-wide surveillance, anti-theft devices, and neighborhood watch programs. As car theft evolves, though, it’s just as important to keep car owners up to date on common sense safety and preventative measures (such as not leaving a key fob in the car).
Traditionally, car thieves targeted older vehicles because outdated technology made them easy for thieves to break into without triggering alarms. But other criminals—hackers—go for newer vehicles. It’s easy for hackers to steal or take control of connected or self-driving cars since their computer-based systems have loopholes.
We analyzed motor vehicle thefts per 1,000 people using 2018 FBI Crime data in cities with a population above 25,000 that accurately reported their data (according to the FBI).
Fort Walton Beach
New Port Richey
New Smyrna Beach
North Fort Myers
Panama City Beach
Port Saint Lucie
Santa Rosa Beach
West Palm Beach